Saturday, December 27, 2008

Presents....

 

 

 


To remember to charge your battery camera is extremely important. If you forget, well, you then miss lots of photo taking opportunities. How do i know this? Don't ask... ;)

But here are three of Emma before the ol' battery in my camera decided that it had enough photos. Never mind that i wasn't done yet...thankfully, the video camera captured what i didn't.

Emma got the hang of unwrapping presents pretty quickly. She loved the Little People Nativity Scene and the Inn Scene with the three Kings and all of the wonderful animals that are now scattered throughout the house. Robert found a donkey in the shower this morning....and i found baby Jesus perched on the lid of the toilet so i was able to save baby Jesus from drowning. The excitement of seeing the tree, all of the lights, the presents was even better than i had imagined it would be. Truly a magical day that i will never forget.

In all, it was a wonderful day...but i missed my sister and my Mom a great deal. I missed the three of us in the kitchen, talking, laughing and listening to Christmas music and singing together in our off key voices. I miss the Spanish cookies and meats, i miss my Mom's wedding cookies. I know how to make these things, but for some reason, well, they don't turn out the way that they did when she made them. With my Mom gone and now that i have a family, new traditions are now being added....Robert and i made the best lasagna with fantastic garlic bread for Christmas Dinner. I imagine that we will be adding some Guatemalan touches to our Christmas in years to come. This year i managed to order some really beautiful ornaments from MayanFamilies along with our new tradition of getting Emma a new ornament every year. Last year was the traditional "Baby's First Christmas" and this year? Elmo, of course!

Off to pick up Little People.... :))
Posted by Picasa

4 thoughtful comments:

Our Girls said...

I so have forgot to change batteries....I did it at the State Fair-- A perfect Photo opportunity.. You had LASAGNA? YUM!! I should have came to your place! I am glad you had a good Christmas! :)

LaLa said...

So happy you had a good Christmas!! Thank you for your offer of help ...I meant to email you back but am just now back to normal. Hopefully we can get together soon!

bellagirl26 said...

Hey, is that the new sofa? I love it! Very chic. White carpet, ahhhhahhhahah....you are a first time mum...I had white when Tommy was a baby too. Now its all wood floors all the time. ;)

Our Girls said...

I sent you a Blog Award from my blog.. See my blog for more...