...which isn't a grateful-type of thing to do with Thanksgiving right around the corner. And i guess i'm not really venting, i'm complaining. What a surprise, eh? I am suppose to be working on my "Thankful List" but instead i'm complaining. That's very 'thankful' is it?
But....
It's about texting.
And cell phones.
I know, i know, with all in the world that is wrong, this is what i pick this to complain about?
At lunch today, i watched a couple together. I assume that they were married, but who knows. I do know that i saw them hold hands and they had rings on. Any way, at their table, instead of chatting together, they were on their phones. And when they weren't on their phones, they were both texting. They were so wrapped in their stupid phones that they didn't even really pay attention to each other.
I finally had to stop being nosey and stop watching because i wanted to walk over and take both of their phones away from them and tell them to pay attention to each other instead of their phones.
Why do folks text other folks while they are with friends at lunch? Or while they are spending time together? Don't the people that they are with deserve their full attention? I see this all of the time.....parents with their children at the park are texting while their child is playing at the park. Instead of texting, why aren't they having a conversation with their child? Why aren't they on the swings? What is so important that they need to spend the entire time at the park, sitting on a bench, texting while their child is playing alone?
What could be so much more important than paying attention to the person in front of you that you would have to text the entire time that you were "spending time" with another person? Doesn't that person your with deserved all of you?
Good heavens, this is how i know that i am getting older. I expect manners and not rudeness.
Please, when you're with your family or with your friends, shut off your phone, put away your phones and don't text. Pay attention to who-ever you are with. Talk to them. Give the folks in your life your full attention. Talk to them. Make them feel important. The people who are texting and calling can wait a bit. Really.
Treasure your time with your friends and family.
And give them all of you and your attention when you're with them.
I promise that they will be thankful for you if you do...
Friday, November 12, 2010
Venting....
♡ Scribbled by -Claudine at 4:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















3 thoughtful comments:
you are right!
on a sidenote, did you cook this dinner on the table? bc if so that turkey looks PerfeCT!!!sorry i got distracted with the food. YUM!
I totally agree and I am so glad you said this! It is absolutely one of my biggest pet peeves when people are constantly texting, talking on the phone, checking it, etc. when they are with others.
all i can say is that i sooo agree
Post a Comment