Saturday, August 29, 2015

Treasures

Most of my most treasured things aren't things I have found or bought for myself. In fact, I think all of my favorite things are things that have been given to me.

I feel a bit materialistic at times...because of how much "things" mean to me.

I am attached to things.

And I mean, really, really attached.

When I look at the pieces in the photo below,  my heart swells.  Each piece was given to me by people that I love with all my heart. Some of these pieces were given to me for a birthday or Christmas.

Two of them were given to me for no reason other than the giver knew I would love them.

I feel lucky that I have people in my life who love me.  At times, I am not the most loveable person around.  I have baggage that still is with me and that I fight with. Yet thru that, I have been loved by special people; people who haven't given up on me.

Of course, my relationships have changed over the years with a few of my friends.  I am somewhat lazy with my friendships.  I became a wife, and then a mother. I put friends on the back burner while I tried to figure out my new roles.

Thankfully, my friends gave me room and didn't disappear totally from my life. Facebook came along and it became easier to keep in touch.  I could "visit" while trying to learn my new roles.

Cards are another favorite treasure of mine.  If you've ever given/sent me a card, chances are I still have it. 

Yes, that does make me a bit of a pack rat, but I feel like a LOVED pack rat.

For those of my friends I don't tell mushy stuff to very often, know I am thankful and grateful for you.

And that I love you....all of you.

0 thoughtful comments: