Saturday, July 25, 2009
Sleeping like a baby.....
....is the one thing that i would like to do more than anything right now. I'm still fighting off this cold/step thing and i'm about to wave the white flag and give up. I don't take anything that will really let me sleep as i won't be able to hear Emma in my slumber; so, my sleeping the past few days hasn't been of the restful kind. Of course, i'm surprised that with my stopped-up nose and wheezing, that Emma is able to sleep at all as i'm sure that i am snoring enough to keep the dead awake when i do sleep. Robert is at his high school reunion (that thankfully, Emma and i didn't have to attend) and i'm missing our MOPS Retreat, which i have looked forward to since the last one ended. Yeah, i know, i'm a sad camper...
Thankfully, Emma is not sick at all. I hope that she won't get sick either or at least not with this stuff. I've tried not to kiss on her (which is insanely hard!!) and not let her drink after me so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. She's been a gem while i've been sick....i'm afraid that there were two days were i shut us up in her room so i could lay on the floor while she played in her Dora Tent Houses (very cool, as they are connected with a tunnel you can crawl through!) and read. I was awarded by Emma putting Pachi in arms while i was on the floor so i'm pretty sure that she understood that i didn't feel too hot. And i had to smile when she drug her favorite books to me to 'read' to me...very cute even if she was reading upside down. ;)
I think that the thing that i don't understand about Mommies getting sick is why they don't take up offers of help. Melinda offered more than once to keep an eye on Emma but i didn't want to be a bother. What is that about? I do know one thing-the next time a Mommy friend of mine is sick, i am TELLING her that i'm coming over to get her children so she can rest in peace. I guess it's one of those Mommy things where you want everyone to think that you are SO all together that even in sickness, you can handle things.
Emma is napping....so i'd better nap, too.
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 1:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















2 thoughtful comments:
Oh, {{{{{{{{Issy}}}}}}}}}} you poor baby. I'm sorry that you're sick. I remember the fall after Darrell died, I got a nasty case of bronchitis. I was the only driver in the house and Ross had a job he had to get too and I remember having to take him to work and pick him up and thinking how unfair it was that I had to "do it all."
Denise, oddly enough, i thought a lot about you the past week! I remember thinking "Issy, pull up the big girl panties! Denise has six children; you have ONE. She could handle this without her SuperMommy Cape easily! Now get off of the floor!" :)
Post a Comment