Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Bunny Cake

 

 

 

For years, i've watched my sister do holiday things for her children. She didn't seem to really have that great of a time while doing it, but she did a great job. And my nephews and niece were always happy with all the amazing things my sister did. My sister is a Martha-Gal, btw...

I was jealous. I wanted to do holiday things for my child.

But i didn't have a child back then. And the chance of that happening, i figured, was slim to none. So i became a good aunt.

Little did i know what life and God had in store for me.

I have a daughter now. :)

And so, tonight, i did the Easter Bunny thing.

I made the Easter Bunny Cake.

I stuffed Easter Eggs with jelly beans, chocolate eggs, stickers and balloons to hide in our yard tomorrow.

I did her basket.

I did bunny tracks to her basket.

I wrote her a note from the Easter Bunny.

And i giggled the entire time i did these things.

"Thankful" doesn't seem to be a good enough word to explain what i feel when i think of my life. "Blessed" is good word...and it seems to fit.

Posted by Picasa

0 thoughtful comments: