Thursday, October 22, 2009

Forgotten Photos.....

 

 

 

 

I can't believe that i forgot that i had taken these photos! I took these on Labor Day when we had family over; as you can see, Emma had quite the time! Between her nieces, Anya the doggie and Emily's phone, well, Emma had a grand time. Although the girls are so much older than Emma, it was nice of them to spend so much time with her. And it was really fun having them here: they are the kind of guests who you don't want to leave because they are so much fun and funny. I am a little surprised that Anya the doggie didn't try to run away as Emma loved on this little dog of Rachel's.

While they were here, we got the amazing news from Rachel that she and Luke are going to become parents! I'm so very excited for them! How amazing it will be to watch this young couple become parents...and of course, i just 'know' it's going to be a girl. Really. I just KNOW it's going to be a little girl.

Emma has been a handful lot of fun lately. Between playing outside in the flower beds, collecting leaves/rocks/sticks, running and jumping and playing on her little play thing in the backyard, she's been busy! It's amazing to see things through her eyes as everything is an adventure, everything is fun, everything is new. A ladybug gives way to giggles, a bee gives way to a chase (not sure what she'll do if she actually catches a bee, lol), and flowers are "bootafuwl". Emma sentences are becoming much longer and her vocabulary is growing like wild-fire. She can count to ten in Spanish, say "hello", "good-bye", "how are you?", "drink", "cat" and a few other words in Spanish. The child LOVES to sing! I smile every time i hear her sing "Twish wittle wight of minnneeee" at the top of her voice. Emma sings in the car, at bed time, during the day....any time is a good time to sing! And although i sound like a cat in heat horrible, i sing right along with her. Our Her favorite cd is the Veggie Tales Night-Time CD-i truly think that we will wear that CD out.

I don't understand where the time goes. It seems that it was just yesterday when Emma was learning to crawl. Now, Emma is able to walk down the stairs standing up, can run (and does!) anywhere, has no trouble getting into her chair and wants to brush her teeth 'by mwselwf'. I've been here for all of this growing up...but it seems that i've blinked, and she's become a toddler. I love in the middle of the day when she's tired, she'll come find me and say "Hold you?" and i'll hold her and rock her as we watch the squirrels or the leaves falling in the backyard....with me trying to imprint this memory in my mind. As much as i love watching her learn and discover things, well, i just wish that she would slow down just a little bit...i wish that she would just slow down a little bit.
Posted by Picasa

0 thoughtful comments: