
I've never been an overly religious person even though i was raised Catholic and did the whole Catholic school thing. But lately, maybe it's because i'm now a Mommy or maybe it's because of loosing my Mom, well, i'm having conversations with God while on my treadmill.
Of course, in order for these conversations to happen, i have to be ON the treadmill. I have these conversations at other times, like in my car, but these conversations on the treadmill are not interrupted....
Here's a bit of yesterday's conversation seeing how i've not been on the treadmill yet (and that is a whole another blog entry....):
Me: Helllloooo? God??? Guess who?? Are you there? Are you busy? (pant, pant, heaving breathing from being on treadmill) Look!! I'm on the treadmill!!
God: Good Morning, Isabel! So thrilled to see you on the treadmill! I noticed that yesterday you stopped before the time, btw...
Me: You saw that? Oh, yeah, that's right, you see it all, don't you? I need to talk to you about this weight-loss journey thing...
God: Yes? Problems?
Me: Uh, yeah, Lots of them. I was wondering if maybe you could, well, you know, move the scale a bit for me before i smash it into little pieces. And maybe make this treadmill more enjoyable? And while you are at it, i'm trying to run up our three flights of stairs and i'd like to do it without panting like a well, you know...
God: Anything else, dear Isabel? (i detect some sarcasm, but God isn't suppose to use sarcasm, right?)
Me: You are going to make me work for this, aren't you?
God: Isabel, tell me, who got you into this position?
Me: McDonald's?
God: Nice try, try again....
Me: (pant, pant, wheeze) Sigh....i know, i know...me.
God: I gave you a strong body, a strong mind and it is your responsibility to take care of it. Don't abuse the wonderful gift i've given you, Isabel, take care of them.
Me: I'm trying, but sometimes, well, you did part the Red Sea. I know that this is up to me, but sometimes, well, i don't feel like it.
God: Did you like that snow yesterday, btw? That was from me, you know....just enough for you to drag your little daughter outside for a photo op. And Isabel, i know that you don't always feel like it. But that is part of the journey for you. If you need strength, you have Me, you have your husband, your new friends on Spark. Or you could just look at your little daughter. She needs a healthy, fit Mommy to take care of her. Don't short change her or you by not taking care of yourself.
Me: (pant, pant, pant....) I know, i know, you're right. I know that i can do this. I just want it "NOW" not later and i would like the journey to be an easier one. That's wrong, isn't it?
God: Nope, you can want all you want....but this is your life journey. So make it meaningful and do it. And step it up on the treadmill, girl, you can do more than you're doing, you know. And you should really check out the SparkExercise Videos or do some of your tapes. Emma would get a kick out of watching you!
Me: Okay, God....that's enough conversation for today. Thank you for the 'hints'. (wheeze, wheeze....)
God: One last thing....you CAN do this. You know that you can. So do it. Take care of you, do the hard work. And i'll see you here 6 times a week, ready to give you more helpful hints or kick you in the pants when you need it. I promise to look over you, but you have to do the hard work.
Me: Okay....you're right. I can do this and i should kick it up a notch.
God: Btw, get rid of that Easter Candy in the trunk of your car. I would rather you honor Jesus by going to church and not eating those Whopper Robin Eggs.
Me: But, but, but they were on sale at Target! sigh...okay, i'll give them to my neighbor or to Robert to take to work.
God: Have a good day, my Isabel.
Me: You, too....
Now i'm sure that God doesn't take time to 'meet' me on the treadmill every day, but well, i can feel him there. So, i'll keep up my end of this deal and work hard. It IS my journey, afterall....
I have to do this. I have to. Emma is counting on me to be around for the important parts of her life and to be around to love her. And of course, lol, i have to be around to make her teenage years miserable. :)
Thursday, February 28, 2008
A Conversation
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 6:35 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment