Wednesday, April 2, 2008

If You're Happy And You Know It...


I had a very good week thus far....while there is distance to go in this journey to a healthy life, it is slowly coming together. I have re-vamped my food choices (i've cut out my morning peanut butter and toast and replaced it with Kashai and fruit or oatmeal; i've taken to eating spinach salads at lunch with lots of fresh veggies and fruit and i've lighten my dinner meals) and that has seemed to have helped. I've also taken to eating slowly and putting my fork down while eating. The soda is gone and i truly wished that i had given that up sooner. I gave it up the end of January; only having a diet soda occasionally. I drink water only now...it is as though my tasted buds are changing slowly. Things that were not salty before are too salty now, i can "taste" sugar. I also feel so much better...

Here is my latest favorite quote from Ramona, a spark buddy of mine who is an absolutely brilliant writer with a beautiful soul:

"How many times have you told yourself "I can't do that"? Most of us probably say it more often than we realize. Every time you are faced with a challenge, do you automatically think of all of the things holding you back or do you think about all of the things have to make it possible? A positive attitude about yourself can catapult you into higher achievement. So, the next time you hear yourself saying " I can't", remember, YOU CAN!"

Needless to say, the above quote is in my motivational notebook! :)

Emma and i have been doing a lot of singing...which is funny as i sing horribly. Really, really, really horribly! Like cat-in-heat sounding horribly! Funny, though, she doesn't seem to notice my off-key attempts and has learned to clap and bounce and giggle as i sing "If your happy and you know it" and the "Itsy-Bitsy Spider". Of course, she may be clapping and bouncing and laughing in an attempt to try to get me to stop singing, lol, but it has been amazing. She is now walking full time, rarely crawling anymore. My heart fills with joy every morning when i first go into her room and she says "Mama". My cup overflows and i am truly blessed to have this child in my life.

Robert and i were looking at the many photos i've taken since Emma has come into our lives and we are in awe at how quickly she is growing and learning things. Where has time gone and how can i slow it down? It is so important for me to document everything for her; but as i look back on her blog, it's like i've blinked and she's now a toddler. She can point to our noses, her nose and her belly! I remember my mother telling me that i didn't understand about being a mother....and she was right. There are no words to explain the utter joy, the hard work, the awesome feelings of being a mother. I never could have imagined that a woman could love a child so much. I am trying to wean her from her bottle....she's ready, i think, but oddly enough, i'm not. I love the bottle time with her. We cuddle on the big red recliner and she holds my hand and looks into my eyes. Sometimes we both end up taking a nap together on the recliner. I know all of the reasons why it's important to get rid of the bottle....so i'm having a conversation with my heart to catch it up with my brain. :(

Off to fix some dinner and to sing "If your happy and you know it".....

0 thoughtful comments: