Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Still not home....
I know that we have been here at this new home of ours for over a month....but it still doesn't feel like home yet. My plants are happy as clams on the back porch area and Emma loves to 'wa-wa' them, and she has put little, tiny fingerprints on the windows so i'm hoping that any day now, it will sink in that i live here and i'm not just visiting.
I've found a Mother's Day Out Program for Emma for the fall that is very close by, but i (and Emma!) will miss her teachers where she is now. I'm also feelin' lucky that one of my MOPS friends lives barely 15 minutes away--and she took Emma and i out to show us that "No, you don't like in the sticks...."
The BEST news? THERE IS A SUPER TARGET ONE EXIT UP!!!!! WOO-HOO!! I love Super Targets! :) I can make friends with all of the clerks and service desk folks! ;)
This will be hard to believe, i'm sure....but i still have not met any of my neighbors. Not a one. I must stink and just don't realize it yet. Emma and i have been outside, but it is very quite here....except for the cool boxer puppy that lives next door that Emma thinks is ours. I'm not sure how it is possible that i haven't met anyone yet....i keep saying that i'm going to introduce myself and yet i haven't yet. So, no more complaining about not meeting my neighbors since i haven't tried, either. I'd bake something for them, but that's a sure fire way to never be friends with my neighbors seeing how i bake, lol...
Our old home is getting it's carpets cleaned today and i'm meeting our real estate person in the morning to take photos and to put the sign in the yard. Everything is blooming that i've planted there; the two Weeping Cherry trees we had plants last year are in full bloom....maybe i'll just go sit on the back deck one last time for a bit. I can't believe that i'm so sad about leaving that house and my neighbors. You would have thought that i've lived there for 20 years or something!
My friend Missy gave me her meatball and sauce recipe so i'm going to give that a try this weekend. Emma loves pasta (okay, so do i!) and i haven't really had good spaghetti since my Mom passed away. She made the best sauce....but she was one of those never-measure-anything-cooks. I haven't gotten her talent of cooking and baking, i'm afraid, but i haven't poisoned anyone yet, so it's good. ;)
Off to keep unpacking....what? You thought that i may be done? HAHAHAHAAAAA....sigh, not a chance.
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 11:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 thoughtful comments:
You'll get there! Once your old house sells and you have some closure, it will feel like home. I had a hard time with that as well and now I can't imagine myself anywhere else!
I so hope you get settled in and meet those neighbors soon! Now where is you moved off to? I must know where the sticks are : )
Post a Comment