I love plants. I always have. I'm pretty sure that i got my love of plants from my grandfather, who would take me out with him to tend to his roses and his tomato plants. I was three and i still remember following him, happy as a clam to be asked to come help 'tend'. I had my own little water can and i still remember him letting me smell the tomatoes and roses. What sweet memories to have! Emma also
My grandmother also loved plants but her plants were more of the indoor variety. She and my mother would grow Christmas Cactus and they would always bloom right before Christmas. These are simply beautiful, beautiful plants and one of my favorites. This plants in these photos are the last plant that my father bought for my Mama before she passed away for their anniversary. For the past two years, this particular plant has had amazing blooms. Such a beautiful color! I like to think that my Mom can see these beautiful blooms...how she would love this plant!
Emma, of course, is fascinated with this plant. She loves to touch it, feel the texture of the leaves and sit near it. It is cute to see her 'twouch gwently wit one fingwer'...
My sister and her children are here visiting. It's interesting that this plant went into full bloom the day that they showed up here....







0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment