....and not much progress is being made to pack up Christmas. This is the most relaxing time of the holidays for me; everything is done, gifts are finished, baking has slowed down and there is no rushing. I love sitting by our tree at night with only the lights of the tree on. So very peacefully quiet and it's a time to reflect on Christmases that have passed. My Mama's birthday is also on Christmas, and that always makes me smile. I smile and giggle when I remember how I bought her a parakeet for her birthday when I was sixteen. Good memories....
The New Year's celebrations has passed, too. Another year has started. A whole clean slate has started. I pick a word every year to guide me, but this year, my word hasn't come easily. I am learning towards the word "brave"....to remind myself not to be so fearful of life. God is with me, why should I not be brave? I waste too much time being fearful of things that 'might' happen. Spending more of my time being brave would be a better choice.
I also need to do a better job of keeping in touch with my family in Spain. I have done a horrible job of keeping in touch with them. My sister and I are still pretty much at a stand-off, and I rarely hear or speak to my Dad....maybe next year's word should be "communication" for all three of us? I didn't speak to either my sister or Dad at Christmas, and it bothered me more than I thought it would. I did text my sister on all of her phones to say 'thank you' for the gifts she sent us, but there was no reply. I wasn't surprised. Sad, but not surprised. I miss her very much and I know my Mama would not be happy at how we are acting, but, sadly, it is what it is.
My Emme is a delight. She was full of Christmas! The lights, the trees, the decorations....she loves all of it. She loved baking cookies & cupcakes and taking them all wrapped up to our neighbors. Just being near her, listening to her sing Christmas songs, made me happy. Seeing Christmas thru her eyes truly makes it a wonderful Christmas.
More later.....


0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment