What a big day for you and i today! After your morning nap, i put you on your Enstien Matt for tummy time.....and i went back to folding laundry. Imagine my surprise when i looked over back at you and you were on your little knees and hands rocking back and forth! I keep the camera handy, so of course i now have photos of you doing this! You were so concentrating on rocking....i placed your toys just out of your reach and you've learned to reach and swing your cute, cubby little body around to make it possible for you to reach the toy. You have such a determined face on; it's going to be no time at all before you are crawling, little one!
As excited as i am to watch this.....wow, is it happening so fast! You have learned so very much since you've come home to us. I know that's how it's suppose to be; that you will learn things quickly but i just didn't expect you to learn things so very fast!
You are in your room taking your afternoon nap now. You've taken to sleeping on your stomach with your tush in the air and your little hands under your chin. I am sometimes suprised how soundly you sleep, Emma. It takes my breath away how beautiful you are.....your smile is so beautiful and it lights up your whole face. I love to hold your warm little body close to me; you just cuddle close to me and let me hold you and rock you. I know that i've been warned about not rocking you to sleep, but i just can't help it. You have a little sigh that you do just before you fall asleep and sometimes just before falling asleep, you smile. Of course, you try your best not to fall asleep, though. I guess you don't want to miss anything!
Yesterday your Daddy brought you gifts home from Pottery Barn Kids. Two books (you love when we do the "bzzzz" noise so one of the books has a finger puppet of a bee and the other book is a counting book) and a butterfly puppet wash cloth to use during bath time. I wish that i could have seen your Daddy shopping for you! He was so very pleased with himself when he came homeand handed me the little shopping bag!
Tomorrow, Don and your nieces Rachel, Hannah and Emily are comingto meet you for the first time. In fact, they will be the first family other than your Aunt Claudine to meet you. We are going to have photos taken with you and the girls and i hear that they are VERY excited about meeting you and want to take you shopping! I'm excited for you to meet them, Emma. They are good girls with such personalities. They are so going to love you! Needless to say, it's going to be a busy Labor Day Weekend for you!
Well, i need to finish some things before you wake up from your nap.
I love you, my daughter.......
Mommy
Friday, August 31, 2007
Learning to crawl....
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 8:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment