Wednesday, December 3, 2008
I refuse to give up....
...on getting the "perfect" photo of Emma for my (opps, i mean OUR) Christmas cards. I've tried.
Short of tying her cuteness to the Christmas tree, well, i'm just about give out.
This photo here is the best out of oh, say, what felt like a freakin' hundred shots. I spent most of the weekend, camera in hand, chasing my little ray of sunshine around. I am usually a good shot in that i can get at least five good shots...but destruct-toddler will not sit still. At all. None. All weekend long. Unless, of course, she was asleep....hey! That may be an idea! I'll sneak a Santa hat on her while she's sleeping....yeah, that's the ticket. NOT.
I actually woke up Robert on Sunday morning with "EMMA! NO! NO!!! DO NOT LICK THE LIGHTS ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE, PLEASE!"
And then i tried the worse thing you could possibly do with a 21 month old: i tried to reason with her.
Yeah, yeah, yeah....what can i say? I'm still a newbie at this gig.
Me: Emma, Mommy wants to get a pretty photo of you for our Christmas cards. Can you please sit still in front of the tree?
Emma: Elmmo? WEEEEEEE....kittttyy? meeeoooowwwww.....KITTTTYYYY!!!!!!!!!
(Emma is now pulling up her dress so i can see her belly.)
Me: Emma, sweetie. (okay, my voice was straining at this point....)
(Emma is now sticking her finger in her nose....)
Emma: dadadada....LEAAFFFFSS!!! woooffff, woooofffff (they are learning animal sounds in preschool, sigh....)
Me: Emma, let's sit in the Pooh chair!! (yes, i was using that fake-patience sounding voice...)
Emma: Soocccks go on feeetttt! Dooorrrrraaaa!!
(Emma has gotten off of the Pooh chair and has run away into the sunroom, lifting her dress up as she runs away...)
Me: EMMA MARIE JOHANNES! COME BACK HERE NOW TO MOMMY!!!!!!!!
Robert: heheheeee....
Me: That's fine, Pooka. (side note: i call Robert "Pooka" and he HATES it. hehee...) I'll just send out this photo of her sticking her finger in her nose to your side of the family.
Robert: I don't think that you're going to get a photo of her sitting still, sweetie.
Me: Oh, yes i will. You'll see.
Famous last words, i'm sure....
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 thoughtful comments:
Ok... so we got a precious card from my cousin last year that had her children sleeping under the tree and said, "While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads." I thought it was pretty stinkin cute. So, if all else fails, wait until she is asleep and move her underneath the branches where the lighting will be perfect and she will be perfect b/c they are all so sweet when they sleep!
I think I took 100 shots of the girls and didn't get ONE. GOOD. SHOT. yesterday. UGH! Don't they know their lives would be so much easier if they'd just stand still and smile : )
How is it that our kids can look SO STINKIN' CUTE most of the time but pull out a camera and forget about it! Half the time my Emma's eyes are closed! UGH!!! Good luck to you! If you stick with you and take hundreds of pictures ONE is bound to turn out!
Issy, dress her up, take her outside and have Robert Toss her in the air, still holding her, capture the picture from below him, since you're four foot nothing, that won't be a problem! LMAO! Between being outside and in Daddy's arms, you should be able to capture a cool shot, note which way the sun is shining though;)
PS. Me, at this point, I'm going to surf through some old head shots and stick Ms. Ana on one of those ornament cards...samo with the boys because capturing all three at once - mission impossible!
just know it is moments like this that make fantastic memories or blackmail!!
Post a Comment