Saturday, November 27, 2010

Da Beach...




I'm not sure where my attraction to the beach comes from. I'm not sure if it's because growing up, i was lucky enough to spend an entire month there every summer or if it's because of the soothing calmness i get when i'm there. Whatever the reason, the beach truly is one of my most favorite places to be.
I don't, however, swim at the beach. You know, because of Jaws. Because i know he's out there.
Just waiting for me. So, i don't swim. But i do love to lay in the sun and do the whole sand castle thing. Because Jaws has never been able to eat a woman who is laying on the beach or making a sand castle.
I love that Emma loves the beach, too. Of course, she does go into the water because she doesn't know about Jaws yet. Instead of acting like a helicopter Mom, i do let her go into the water.
Up to her knees.
Really, no one needs to go any deeper than that. Besides, at that depth, you can find some really great sea shells, which is really one of the best reasons to go to the beach. Jaws has never eaten anyone who has been in the ocean up to their knees looking for shells, either.
Yep, i'm going to be great fun when Emma gets into her teenage years, aren't i?

0 thoughtful comments: