Tomorrow is my birthday.
I'll be 46 years old.
I'm grateful for every single year that God has given me.
Granted, some of those years i would have really liked to skipped or at the very least, pretend that those years didn't happen...but each one of those really horrible years brought me to the place i am today.
I now have an amazing husband....and i'm just not saying that to be nice. Robert is the type of man who makes you want to be a better person. You know those folks that do right when no one is looking? Or the folks that do right because it is the right thing to do? Robert is that kind of man. He's honest, fair, dependable, faithful, loving, and a Godly man. He has restored my faith in mankind...my husband is really that awesome.
I have a little daughter who i love with everything i have.
I have a warm place to lay my head at night, food to eat, water to drink.
I get to be a stay-at-home Mama.
I am loved.
I could not ask for anything more....
As i have gotten older, i have made it part of my daily ritual to tell God how grateful i am. Every single day, i tell Him that i am so glad that He didn't give up on me, even when i wanted to give up on myself. I tell Him that i'm thankful that He carried me when i couldn't carry myself and that i'm trying my best to try and be a good Mama and wife, even though some days, i fall horribly short of being a good Mama and wife. I tell Him thank you for getting me through the times where i didn't think that i would make it through....and i thank Him for the amazing people that He has put into my life.
And i ask Him to help me be a blessing to someone who maybe is where i use to be. To give someone something for the sake of giving is truly amazing. It is even more amazing when you do something for someone and they have no idea that it is you who is doing the giving. The is giving thing doesn't have to be something huge...helping someone who has a screaming child in the checkout line can seem like a life line to a tired Mama who feels like she is at end of her rope. Simple acts of kindness mean the most, i think...it's a good way to serve the folks around you.
I've learned a lot in my 46 years, haven't i? :o)
Tomorrow i am spending my birthday with my husband and daughter....there will be cake and ice cream, giggles and laughter and much love.
A very perfect way to spend the day....



0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment