I love birthdays....especially my birthday!
It is a beautiful fall day today. The sun is out, it's a little cool but perfect.
Pickles is outside laying in the grass, soaking up the sun.
Robert is off somewhere running errands.
Emma is playing upstairs in her room with her dinos.
I'm sitting here in my birthday bliss....waiting for my husband to come back with my cake. It's lunchtime and i want to eat cake for lunch.
The only thing that i'm missing today is my Mama. I miss her calling me on my birthday, first thing in the morning and singing Happy Birthday to me in Spanish. I miss her so very much...the ache of missing her hasn't gone away or dulled in time. If anything, the ache has gotten worse as i see how much she is missing. I know that she watches over us, and especially Emma, but what i wouldn't do to have her here with me.
Off to enjoy my day...



0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment