Guess who has teeth????
Yup, yup, yup! You! Can you believe it, Emma? You have baby teeth! Okay, they are just peeking out, but there are two of them on your bottom gum. Tomorrow you'll be 8 months old.....how did that happen so fast? Your Daddy mentioned this weekend that we've been home with you for 3 months already. It seems just like yesterday we were working on your bedroom!
I need to take some new photos of you with your new teeth, but i guess i should wait till they are noticeable! You are eating really well; today i mashed up half of a banana and you ate almost all of it and we are now trying Stage 3 foods. I have to tell you, Emma, you are not a fussy eater at all. You are willing to try everything and that's a good, good thing to try new things. Hopefully, you won't loose that neat trait: the willingness to try everything. You are trying to figure out spoons, but so far, you're just using them to suck on and beat on your high chair top. But you are holding it like you should, so it's only a matter of time before you figure out that you want to feed yourself. It's amamzing to watch you grow, Emma.....i know that you'll only understand this when you have a daughter of your own, but you fill my heart with love when i hold you close. I can feel your little body relax as if to say, "i know you'll take care of me".....and it is the most amazing feeling in the world. It is a feeling, too, that i don't think can be understood unless you have a child.
I think of your birth mother often, Emma. I hope that she knows in your heart how much i love you. I hope she knows that we are a family due to her unselfishness in wanting a family for you. Maybe one day, we will get the chance to tell her 'thank you' together for letting us become a family.
I can hear you stirring so i'll go check on you....
Love you to the moon and back.....
Mommy
Monday, October 15, 2007
Guess who has teeth?!?!
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 9:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment