My beautiful daughter!
How beautiful of a child are you, Emma? You are growing up so very fast right before my eyes....your two little front bottom baby teeth are coming in, you're now able to crawl very fast and you are able to pull up on the couch, the end tables and the ottaman. I want you to learn things so you can stand on your own, but wow, did i not expect this to happen so very, very fast! I need to start doing a better job of video taping you but i'm so much more comfortable behind a camera. And as you can tell from looking at your photos, you are very photogenic!
We sent out Halloween cards with your Halloween photo in it to many friends and family. It is important to me that folks know you and see you grow up, Emma. I want you to be close to our friends and family....although at times, you may wish to trade some of our family members in for new ones! That's the great things about friends, you get to pick them! As i was mailing these cards out with your photo in them, i wished that i was able to mail one to your birth mother. I think about her a lot, Emma and i often pray that she knows in her heart how much you are loved and how we are doing our very best to take care of you. I'm sure that you'll have many questions about her as you grow up and i promise to do my best to answer them. Your Daddy and i differ a bit on the subject of us searching for your birth mother.....i think that i mentioned this before that he feels that it is your choice, your decision and your search to find her and that it's not our place to make that call for you. I guess i want to meet your birth mother for other reasons, like to assure her that we will do our best with you and to love and nurture you the best we can. I feel a bond with your birth mother; maybe all adopitve Moms feel this bond, i'm not sure. I do know that telling her 'thank you' for the gift of making us a family doesn't seem to be enough.
I somehow want to give you words of wisdom on life and how to 'do' things the right way and make the 'right' choices...but then i realize that life is about making your own choices and finding your own way thru life. The only thing that your Dad and i can do is give you the tools to help you to grow up into a woman and the rest is up to you. There will be so many challenges for you as you grow up and discover things about yourself. And while you hear "follow your heart" from many well meaning folks, please remember to use your head, too. Following your heart is one thing, but listening to your heart and head, well, it's your best bet to make the best decisions. Sometimes, if you just sit quitely in a corner, the answer to whatever bothers you will come to you. You just have to learn to listen to yourself, sweetie.
Your Daddy went to meet Uncle Don to play in a poker tournament so we are on our own till Sunday. I see a trip to the mall in our days alone, lol, and maybe a trip to Target and WalMart! :))
Off to check on you.......
Love you to the moon and back........
Mommy
Thursday, October 18, 2007
My beautiful daughter....
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 9:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment