Sunday, May 17, 2009
Kissin' rocks....
....because she can.
I guess it's time to realize that my little girl is a tomboy. She loves to play in dirt, loves to play with rocks and bugs, loves to be outside to run, loves to walk (run!) through the grass with bare feet. I am going to have to let those daydreams of a graceful ballerina die, lol, and just keep her in gymnastics. Letting her be who she wants to be and enjoy the things that she likes (instead of what i think she should be, lol, and what i think she should like....) is the key to a happy child. And she is a happy child....i've never seen a little girl love to giggle like she does. Emma reminds me of a parrot right now; she mimics everything (and i mean everything!) that is said around her. I sometimes feel like i have a mini-me running around next to me...
I often wonder if she's lonely--you know, lonely for a sibling. I've heard lots of pro's and con's to being an only child and the most disturbing one would be wanting a sibling and not having one (being lonely). She loves school and knows her little friend's names and is so happy to be there. Robert often points out to me that just because you have a siblings, that doesn't guarentee that you'll be close to to them. I suppose he's right...
It's been a quiet and rainy weekend thus far....today is suppose to be sunny, but so far, well, no sun. Maybe we'll get lucky later!
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 11:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 thoughtful comments:
What a cute picture! I really like the profile shot of Emma kissing the rocks. She definitely looks like a little girl rather than a baby. Hey at least she was only kissing the rocks, not eating them. lol
Post a Comment