Saturday, May 9, 2009
Outside in the Sunshine!
It has finally stopped raining here long enough for the sun to peak out and for me to grab my camera. I did get some really nice shots but taking photos of a toddler is a lot different than taking photos of a baby that can't walk! Emma has been fighting off the worst cold but today seemed to feel much better. She is coughing up a storm, though-i hope that the cough will clear up very soon.
I received flowers today for Mother's Day and a hand mixer that i've been too cheap to buy for myself. Nothing like presents that show up at the door! :) But the best gift has just been being Emma's Mommy....i remember actually hating Mother's Day. It was one of those holidays that i would buy presents for my Mother and then do my best to forget about the day because i wasn't a Mother. Not exactly the type of attitude to have, is it? ;) And while gift are nice, and the flowers are beautiful they don't quite measure up to when Emma will come up to me and kiss me suddenly or when she'll call out "Mama, where areee youuuu?" through the house.
I've also noticed little tiny hand prints all over my windows in the kitchen/eating area....i would clean them immediately the first few times i saw those little hand prints smeared on the windows but now, well, i've learned to just look and then and smile because before long, Emma won't be that little. And i'm sure that i'll wish for the day when she did leave those tiny hand prints everywhere....
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 thoughtful comments:
Awww...what sweet pics!! I am sooo happy the sun is out. You are so right..they won't be little forever. I too dreaded Mother's Day...first, I was 36 and not even married then my mom died and so I really disliked it. Now, I celebrate with you!! : )
Post a Comment