...of Emma.
First, a shower is needed. You know, because i'm in there. And it's great fun to watch me try and shave my legs while trying to balance around her water-dancing and singing. I've never seen anyone take such great joy in a morning shower as she does....
Second, a bubble bath? Why? Who knows! But this is when i get to jump back IN the shower to finish my shower. Emma will stay in a bubble bath until she looks like a small raisin if i let her.
After finally relenting and getting out of the tub (with a bribe of a cookie, of course...) it's off to run through the house naked and giggling. I guess this is a good way to save on towels and air dry. I've not figured out why running through the house naked is such a joy, but to Emma, it's great fun.
Then, off to breakfast for a wafffffle and strawberries and orange juice (watered down, but she doesn't know that!). After inhaling down breakfast (eaten naked, of course) it's off to
And then?
Thankfully, a nap. That's the last photo....see how she sleeps? Standing with her eyes open and a smile.
Lunch is next....and i'm starving by this time. And so is Emma as she'll eat half a sandwich, a few soy chips and strawberries till she looks like a strawberry.
The rest of the day is busy....we go out to the yard to play or get in the pool or visit Y or if i'm lucky, it's a Tuesday or a Thursday and it's off to Mother's Day Out. I haven't figured out yet who enjoys MDO more-me or Emma. If i'm really lucky, we get to spend the day with Melinda and Cooper shopping or hanging out. We also have started coloring...yeah, i'm one brave Mommy to let a two year old play with crayons, aren't i? But the rule is: crayons stay at the table. Aren't you dying to know how long rule will last? ;)
Back at home...it's clean up time. You know, to the bathroom where it looks like i had to wrestle a small naked child into clothes, to the bedroom where we had to 'ump on da bed', to the kitchen where food is well, everywhere it seems....and to the mega-mess in the playroom.
Snacks follow~like bananas that 'no cut, mama' because Emma wants to bite pieces of banana off now. You know, kinda like a toddler loves to do? I start thinking about dinner if i haven't thrown something into the crock pot...
More
Dinner is around 6pm....more cleaning up to do.
And bed? Oh, yeah, baby, it's at 7:30pm!! Some days, that's even MY bedtime!
But these are good days and i'm so thankful for them. Emma is a healthy child. Messes that are made can be cleaned up. Things that are spilt on the floor can be cleaned up. It's okay if she breaks something that she's playing with or is hard on one of her books. It's okay and i'm thankful for every mess, every mushy kiss, and every sticky hand print Emma leaves me on the windows or table.
Some of the blogs i follow, well, children aren't so healthy and need many prayers. Over at McMama's blog, Stellan is having a hard time and over at the Rigg's blog, Abby is also not well. A day in their lives is so much harder and heartbreaking. I keep them both in my prayers for better days....
....and i hope that you will, too.
Forgive the quality of the photos...they were taken with my camera phone.






4 thoughtful comments:
Love her to pieces!! :)
Love this post!!!!!
OH, i love this post and hearing about your days!!! You are so right..we are very lucky! Oh - and mayna loves showering too!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your day with Emma! There's a lot of naked at our house too, plenty of "playing" (emptying out the toybox) and of course reading books.
Ya know I almost think that parents of 1 have it a bit harder than parents of several. I may have 4 kids, but at least they always have someone to play with. I was alone with my youngest half-days last year while the older 3 were in school. I thought I'd get so much done around the house but nope! I spent most of my time playing with him. That's such fun though that it's worth the messy house that doesn't get cleaned up :-)
Post a Comment