Yeah, this is something i rarely do: A Vent Post.
But today, i just can't help myself.
I truly think that Emma and my husband are can't hear. Really. I think that the both of them are deaf. It's simply
Me: Emma, do you want strawberries or grapes?
Emma: (no response what-so-ever, continues to color....)
Me: Emma? Emma? Emmmmmaaaa?
Emma: (still no response....and continues to color....)
Me: (thinking to myself) Fine. You get strawberries.
Emma: (after i've given her strawberries) Gwrapes? Pwease?
I know that this child can hear. We had hearing tests done. Her hearing is perfect. So what's up with that?? She can hear me fine when i ask her if she wants to go to the pool....
And the sweet husband?
Me: Robert, is Emma upstairs with you?
Husband: (no response what-so-ever.....none.)
Me: (I walk up the stairs to the family room) Robert? Is Emma with you?
Husband: (no response....at all. He's reading....)
Me: R.o.b.e.r.t.??
Husband: Hey! Is Emma with you?
Really. That's the type of conversations we have had here this weekend. I am ready to runaway and join the traveling circus. I know that they can see me. I know that they can hear me; when i offered the two of them a fresh baked cupcake with yummy icing, they BOTH perk up and answer THE. FIRST. TIME. ASKED.
Do the two of them think that i'm taking to myself or to my imaginary fairy friend? You know, the imaginary fairy friend who also stocks the underwear drawer with clean undies? Or replaces toilet paper in the bathroom? Or who....sigh, never mind.
I know that i'm blessed. Really. Honestly, i know that.
I just wish that they could hear me.... ;)
Is this just Mommyhood and i need to get use to it? HA! So not happening here, my friends. I'll go on strike first!
Perhaps i just need to sip a Coke Zero on the back deck while the two of them sleep....you know, to get back into my Mommy groove.




3 thoughtful comments:
I am listening and you made me smile. It is frustrating though...I have so been there. Enjoy your quiet time and rejuvenate!
Oh my I am laughing! Neither of mine (kid or hubby) listen. The other day, the bigger kid (ha) informed me that if I want him to listen, I need to make sure I say his name and have his attention. I just laughed. He said he has a lot on his mind at any given time. LIKE I DON'T!!!! It's a darn good thing I happen to know he was half-kidding! So I guess when I go into labor here soon, I'll be sure to say his name first. :) Love you Isabel! Hang in!
Hee hee hee. I am laughing because I can totally relate to the selective hearing problem. That happens to my kids (and husband too) quite often especially when chores are involved! I've nicknamed my husband "Captain Oblivion" because he getws so engrossed in whatever he's doing that he just tunes out the rest of the world.
I wish I could promise that it will get better. But alas all I can do is commiserate (did I even spell that right?)
I'll see you next month - we have a date for ice cream or something at the Gaylord right??
hugs,
Amy
Post a Comment