Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wordless Thursday....


...due to this flood mess, i don't feel like happy thoughts. I feel sad for those who have lost their homes, and their belongings. I feel sad for those who have no flood insurance. I feel sad for the lost of things that people consider precious, like photos, memento, sentimental items. I know that these are just 'things' but to loose those kind of things is heartbreaking. There are also many folks who have had close calls with the flood, and some who have tragically lost their lives. I have had to just stop monitoring the news and looking at the photo of the flood; i almost feel guilty that we basically came out unscathed after seeing so much destruction.

...but some good has come out of all of this disaster. People who are strangers to each other are helping each other. Neighbors who don't know each other now know each other. Many folks are coming together to help as are many churches and organizations. Facebook has groups who are offering help to those that need things. It is amazing to hear the countless stories of how people are coming together to help those that need it the most.

So, out of tragedy, some good has come...Nashville and it's surrounding communities are learning to come together and help their neighbors who have been hardest hit by this flood. I imagine that it will take much time for everyone to get back to their normal. So much to do to clean up...

....but it's good to see neighbors helping neighbors.

0 thoughtful comments: