Sunday, January 6, 2008

Mommies



Mommies

A very sad day today.....today is one year since my Mother passed away. I miss her beyond words, Emma. How she would have loved you! I know the nickname she would have given you "her little Spanish girl". I so wish that she was here to see us together. I waited so long to be a Mommy and i wish that she was here to see this time in my life with you. I am most sadden by the fact that she will not be here to be a Grandma to you as she was a wonderful, wonderful Grandma, Emma.
She so loved your Daddy-he would make her smile while she was sick by telling her that when she got better, they would go dancing. Sadly, they never got the chance. I like to think that she is up above watching us together, guarding you from bumps and bruises; sort of a guardian angel.
Everyone needs to have an angel, Emma....everyone.
In two days, it's going to be your Daddy's and mine two year wedding anniversary! I was at a complete loss at what to get him, so i wrote him a love note. Somehow, buying him a docking station for his i-pod didn't seem to be a big enough statement to tell him how much i love him, so a love letter it was. You, of course, are our biggest gift...i imagine that the night will entail all of us going out to dinner together which would make it a perfect evening. Our anniversary last year wasn't celebrated as well, your Grandma passed away and i forgot. Yes, you read that correctly, i forgot our first anniversary. I felt horrible, Emma, how could i forget? I think that being with your Grandma for those past few months till she passed away took it's toll on me. We were still in the process of getting our paperwork together for our dossier and had not yet recieved your referral yet, so we were not even able to share your photo with her. But she knew we were in the process of adoption....
Cherish those around you that you love, Emma, and love them with all of your heart. Let those that you love know that you love them and cherish every moment you have with them. Life goes by way to quickly at times and you never know when your time on Earth is done.....
Love you to the moon and back....
Mommy

0 thoughtful comments: