Friday, January 18, 2008

A poem from another adoptive mother



Poem From Another Adoptive Mother

Beyond Your Tears (written for Sophie Lu'sBirthmother in China)


I imagine you kissed

her sweet face so round

And gently placed her

where she would be found


I imagine your heartache

your pain and your tears

I wish I could show you

and soften your fears


I’d show you a girl

with hope in her eyes

A girl who loves stories

and sweet lullabies


A girl who laughs freely

and loves to play

A girl who sings sweetly

and dances all day


A girl with a future

So funny and smart

A girl who loves music

and reading and art


A girl who I hope

has your courage one day

I know it took courage

to love and walk away


Her beautiful smile

I wish you could see

She looks like you

and laughs like me


So, imagine her laughter

Imagine her touch

I wish I could show you

she’s loved so much


Remember her face

Remember that kiss

And when you cry,

remember this


Beyond your tears

Beyond your pain

Sometimes the sunshines through the rain


And I know that she’ll ask me

about you one day

I’ll tell her you loved her

and wished she could stay


I’ll help her remember
and imagine you, too

when she starts to wonder

and dream about you


We’ll look at the moon

I’ll give her a kissand when she cries,

I’ll tell her this


Beyond your tears

Beyond your pain

Sometimes the sunshines through the rain

by Shana Rae,

proud Mommy of Sophie Lu Copyright © 2006 Shana R. All rights reserved.

0 thoughtful comments: