

More favorite photos....
These photos of you and your Daddy were taken a while back-you were just starting to show the beginings of your bottom front teeth. I love these photos....they truly show how the two of you interact. I have you pegged for a Daddy's girl, Emma...
You are still napping upstairs. It is a rainy, gloomy day today so no walk at the park today for us. Apparently there is bad weather coming our way and there are tornado warnings out till later this evening. I can see the trees in our back yard from where i'm sitting...they are starting to sway from the wind. Of all of the types of weather, tunder bothers me the most and wind makes me stop and watch in awe. Interesting to me, though, that since you've been here, i've not been bothered as much. Maybe all of that playing and chasing i do with you makes me not pay attention so much to my surroundings, lol...
I am worried about Aunt Claudine. She and her family are having a very difficult time right now. They've lost their buisness, sold their home and are now living with Uncle Troy's sister, Tina and her family. Money has always been very important to Aunt Claudine while we were growing up-in fact, i can remember all of the times she would tell me that when she grew up, she would have money to do all of the things that she wanted to do. I would usually just nod from behind whatever book i had my nose in; while i do realize that money was important, i realized that many folks had so much less that we did at that age. Money may make life a little easier, Emma, but it can't fill your soul. To be happy, to have a good heart, to help those that you can, well, i think those things fill your soul. I am worried about Aunt Claudine....she is a very true "A" type of personality with a very strong will. I often get the feeling that she doesn't relish being a mother....that's not to say that she doesn't love her children-i just think that some women make good mothers and want to be goodmothers and others, well, i think that other part's of their life are more important. I use to read all of the woman articles that asked the question "Can you have it all"? and shake my head. Why is having it "all" important? Isn't it more important to love what you have and where you are?
I'm going to frustrate you as you get older, i'm sure..... :)
It's very windy.....and i hear you stiring so i'm going upstairs to get you. Nothing like holding you, Emma.....
Love you to the Moon and back.....
Mommy



0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment