Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Missing "da beach"....

 

 

 

...and so, tomorrow begins the first "Annual Emma and Mommy Beach Trip".

Notice that there is no "Dada" on this trip to help me keep my sanity. It's just us, Emma and i, on our very first road trip together.

I have it all mapped out; where we are stopping, where we are spending the night, what we'll stop to see. (Yes, i do have control issues, so don't ask....) I am nervously excited about this trip. While i know that tons of Mommies travel every day with their children (and often more than one child!), this is my first solo trip. I'm sure that with lots of Red Bull and Diet Coke, i'll be up for anything.

I am thankful that Robert will be flying down towards the end of our trip to drive the entire way home to see my sister, my niece and nephews. I had to be extra special nice to him to get him to agree to this as taking off from work for him is a no-no, no matter how much i try to convince him to take a day off.

I'm almost all packed. All i have left is me and to pack the Honda. Oh, and to pack snacks and drinks. And i have all of the sing-a-long CDs that i could find so we can sing our way through traffic. I'm sure that i will forget something, but hopefully, it won't be important whatever it is that i'll forget.

Most important, it'll be me, Emma and my camera.

With my newest lens.



Oh, yes, this lens is a beauty. Many thanks to Nancy Barton for the recommendation on this lens...she's right, it truly is the bomb. I can see why it's one of her favorites!

Off to finish packing...

Posted by Picasa

2 thoughtful comments:

Anonymous said...

girl, i am so happy for you!! congratulations, i know you will love it. the pictures in this post are gorgeous! have a wonderful time on your trip, be safe!

Anonymous said...

She very cute!
Thank you..
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and join my community at BlogFrog.
I would appreciate if you can follow my blog too.I truly value you and your time.
I hope you will stop back often as I will do the same.
Have a nice day. (I'm following your blog now)
Nan
Quality Time
http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
http://theblogfrog.com/1233755