...according to the Pioneer Woman's blog.
She's right. It is amazing.
And odd.
I've never seen an icing made with flour and granulated sugar.
But i do think that this will be a "go-to" icing recipe for chocolate cake.
Yeah. It IS that good!
Here's the recipe for "The" Best Icing I've Ever Eaten from the Pioneer Woman's site:
1 cup Milk
5 Tablespoons All-purpose Flour
1 cup Butter, Barely Room Temperature
1 cup Granulated Sugar (not Powdered!)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
In a small pot on the stove, whisk the flour and the milk together until it thickens. Keep whisking until it comes together and looks kinda pasty. Pull off stove and let cool for 10/15 minutes or so. Add the vanilla and whisk again. While your pot is cooling, mix the 1 cup of butter with the 1 cup of granulated sugar till it's light and fluffy. Pour the flour/milk mixture into the butter/granulated mixture and beat till REALLY fluffy, like whipped cream.
I think that what i like best about this icing is that it isn't overly sweet to the point where you don't enjoy the cupcake. I suppose you could use this icing on other baked items (i've seen it on a recipe for banana cupcakes) but i think that it works best with chocolate cupcakes.
And so did Emma! :)






0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment