Friday, November 9, 2007

Learning to be a Mommy


Learning to be a Mommy.....

Well, it's been a very big learning day for Mommy. In fact, the look on your face in this photo is how i looked just about an hour ago as you threw up the broccoli carrott medley that i was feeding you. Patiecne has never been one of my strong personality traits; in fact, it is the one Mommy trait that i am horrible sometimes. I foget that we are on Emma time and NOT Mommy time.....and i need to relax. No wonder you threw back food on me (and the floor, your high chair, you.....). I tried to feed you way too fast so we could go out on our errands; no wonder you were pressing your lips together! You knew that you had enough too fast but i missed the signs that you were giving me, Emma and i'm so sorry.

You are naked (except for a diaper!) in your bouncy chair as i type this. Every now and again, you turn around to smile at me and you continue bouncing. You've already forgiven me for my mistake, haven't you? I think that i never realized that being a Mommy included so many bodily functions! From poop, to spit, to vomit.....it's a Mommy's world! I have to learn to just stop and go slower......you are such a little one and i need to realize that.

I'm sorry, sweetie.....i promise i'll do better.

Love you to the moon and back.....

Your Mommy

0 thoughtful comments: