Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Stairs




Stairs!


Well, today was a very big day and i missed taking a photo of it! After much, much crawling and playing, i put you in our front room where the treadmill and many of our books are. As i watched you pull up on the couch, treadmill and bookcases, i pulled down a cookbook that i had gotten from my Mom. I opened up the cookbook, looking for some recipes to maybe use for the holidays....and out came 2 photos of my Mother. It is the very first time that i felt her around me since she's passed away. I have always felt at my sister's house and i figured that is where her spirit was. After all, it's a good place for her to be-looking our for Viktoria, John and Michael. Of course, the tears came because it was such a powerful moment....and i looked over at you at the one stair that leads on to the wood floors. You looked back at me as if to say "Look at me, i'm going to try this".....you tried once, didn't make it and you tried again. This time you did make it and you did the funniest thing, Emma, you turned around and smiled at me. It is a moment that i will never forget.

Down the hall you crawled into our bedroom....me and Maddie following you. I sat on the carpet to read while you crawled and pulled up on the closet doors. You have such determination, little one! While i was reading, you crawled over to me and i put my arm around you as you pulled up to me and placed your little arm around my neck as if you were resting in a safe spot...and with a "ha-ah" laugh, you were off again with Maddie trailing behind you. I think that Maddie thinks she is your guardian angel, lol....

You are naping now, tired out from all of that crawling and pulling up. I had to call your Daddy and he said "It must be a sad day for Mommy".... and oddly enough, it wasn't a sad day. I am so blessed to be able to be home with you while you learn these things, Emma. You are growing up so quickly, almost in the blink of an eye. I don't want to miss a thing.....i just don't want to miss a thing.

I did manage to get a photo with my camera phone, so i'll need to find out how to get those photos off the phone and onto the computer. (sigh) They are good photos and i really want to post them here on this journal.

Off to check on you, little one.....

Love you to the moon and back.....

Mommy

0 thoughtful comments: