Wednesday, October 1, 2008

NOT happy with AOL

When i first started to journal, it was a the beginning of our adoption with Emma. An online journal seemed the best way to keep up with the wide range of emotions that we were going through and while scrap booking seemed like a great idea, well, let's face it; i'm not the craftiest Mommy around. So, i started with AOL journals, feeling that it was a safe place to journal privately. My husband told me not to and to just set something up with Word, but i didn't listen.

I should have listened.

I received an email from AOL tonight, telling me that they were shutting down their journal site. Yes, i'm in the process of transferring my posts from there to here, but my photos from there to here will not transfer so it's taking me a bit more time than i expected. I'm upset and angry and worried....a lot of what i wrote was in time frame appropriate sequence and i don't want to loose it.

I should have listened to my friend Melissa, too who encouraged me to use the Babysite service that she is using.

I should have listened.

So, i'll wait to see what AOL's plan is for moving journals and i'll keep moving at a more quicker pace to move my journal. I'm still wondering if i should just move my entire journal to Word to be on the safe side....but i've really come to enjoy Blogger and all of it's features. I wish there was a way to burn the journal to a disc for safe keeping for Emma for later...maybe i should look into that?

ugh.

I should have listened!

3 thoughtful comments:

bellagirl26 said...

You can have it made into a book. I'll look in my saved for the websites. Hopefully, they can grab it before it goes bye bye. Blogger is fine, I think I'm going to move to blogger, though babysites is upgrading and now I have more tools, like font colors etc., and soon they say the journaling will allow pictures, I'm hoping more then my one per page that happens now.

Ciao~Melissa

bellagirl26 said...

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/blogbook

Follow the link above~M

~Isabel said...

No wonder you're my best buddy! You have ALL of the answers! :)

Thanks....