
...for the next week. Robert and a few of his employees are in Chicago for a Printers Convention; i'm a little jealous as they are staying at the Trump Towers and are IN Chicago which is my favorite town to visit. I love almost everything about Chicago: the shopping, the Navy Pier, the food, how you are able to walk, walk and walk and window shop. So much art in that town...and lots of beautiful churches to visit. Chicago is where Robert proposed to me on the 4th of July on a dinner cruise two years ago while we watched the fireworks....so, that town holds a special place in my heart.
Emma is doing much better and we are no longer Snotty One and Snotty Two. :)
We do have a busy week next week with a MOPS Meeting, preschool, flu shot for Emma, and a play date early on in the week at the playground. We are also on the hunt for a dress to have Christmas photos taken in at Myers Photography. Last year, i took her photo for our cards, but this year, we are going to try something different and Myers Photography is a great place to go. He did a beautiful job on the Easter bunny photos with Emma last year.
I'm still working on Emma's photo albums. I'm up till last (yes, you read that right...) Christmas. I didn't realize that i had taken so many photos of Emma! I have loved flipping through the two that i have done; she's grown so much in a blink of an eye. I'm printing the photos myself and i got lucky as Robert indulged me and bought me a huge case of professional photo paper in 4x6 size. I was so thrilled, lol, i didn't even bother to ask how much that case cost. ;) I don't want to know how much i've spent in paper and ink and i'm lucky that i have a fantastic printer to print from. I'm just never seem to be happy when someone prints my photos for me so i print them myself. Now, i just need to figure out a way to store my photos. I do have them backed up, but i think that just to be safe, i'm going to burn them onto discs. I read on Jessica's blog recently about someone loosing photos due to a computer crash and i don't want that to happen to all of my photos!
Guess who has figued out how to open doors and hop? All doors are now dead bolted but it has been fun watching her "hop". :) I'm not sure where she learned to hop....but she has. I am constantly surprised when she will say something back to me that i've said to her like "let's Go" or "let's eat" or "let's get baba". I need to remember that that she is always watching and learning from me....
....and what a responsiblity that is. I am sometimes in awe of the responsibilty of being a Mom. It's more than i ever imagined that it would be. It's not enough to make sure that just a child's basic needs are met; it's making sure that a child is learning how to grow and thrive. It's teaching right from wrong, morals, ethics, compassion, how to treat others and how to be a member of a family. I wonder some days if i am equipped to be a Mother, if i truly am the best woman for this job of raising Emma. And then i remember that God picked me to mother Emma and if He thinks i can do it, i'm sure that He will help me to be the best Mommy that i can possibly be. What an amazing joy to be a Mother...and what a LOT of hard work. :)
Saturday, October 25, 2008
On our own....
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 1:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 thoughtful comments:
Post a Comment