Friday, November 28, 2008
A Blessed Thanksgiving
It was a good...actually a great, Thanksgiving Day for us. Operation "Fresh Thanksgiving" got off to a rocky start, however, when at 9 am i casually asked the cook of the day what he planned on cooking his fresh turkey on. Being sort-of-newlyweds, we haven't bought all of the flashy roasting pans. It seems that the cook assumed that i was buying a roasting pan and of course, i thought he was getting a roasting pan. So, off to Kroger i go, praying that they were open. I managed to purchase the very last roasting pan in Nashville, i'm sure. Oh, and i scored some really yummy ice cream. :) The rest of the day went on without a hitch; my pies turned out pretty, the stuffing was really good, my sweet potatoes were utterly fantastic, the rolls were to die for and the green beans? Simply heaven. And yes, sigh, everything was "fresh" except for the cranberry orange cranberry relish that i smuggled in. Emma enjoyed her meal as did my white carpet when she threw food on it....sigh.
The rest of the day we spent outside...it was a beautiful day and we raked leaves. I love our trees as we are surrounded by trees and it is beautiful. Beautiful, that is, until the leaves start to fall. Then? Not so beautiful, lol. Emma loves the leaves and being outside. Our neighbor's poor cat (KITTTTYYY!!!) and dog keep Emma entertained so we were able to get up a bunch of leaves, but i'm sure that there will be lots more to deal with as the leaves continue to fall.
I do think, however, that next year, we will do something different. As much as i enjoyed it just being the three of us, well, i miss having folks around to be thankful with. While we were out, we noticed that our neighbors were also home for Thanksgiving, as were the older couple down the way from us and the neighbors behind us. Next year, i am going to invite folks over and make an effort to find folks who don't have somewhere to go. I know what it's like to be alone for the holidays...it's much better to be among friends, sharing blessings and food. Blessings come in all sizes and shapes and personalities....
I've been 'tagged' by Denise (please go check out her blog; she is truly a gifted writer--"There's Always Room For One More" on my must read list) so i'll work on that tomorrow. I'm going to eat a piece of my pumpkin pie...with the yummy vanilla bean ice cream on top. :)
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 8:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 thoughtful comments:
I am glad you found the roasting pan!!!
Sounds like you had an Awesome Thanksgiving! If I lived closer, I would Love to get together and have Thanksgiving with You guys!
Post a Comment