Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Yikes!
Good news....and bad news. Don't they always seem to come together?
First good news (at least for me): my little biopsy for Friday was cancelled.
Bad news? Wrong hospital, wrong day, wrong procedure scheduled. Yeah, you read that right.
If anything, all of this gives me greater sympathy for those folks who truly feel rotten when they call a doctor's office and are put on hold, transfered, asked to call this number instead, cut off, put on hold again and then, of course, transfered to someone eles who you must leave a message for who will call you back (and don't). All i really wanted to do was to speak to SOMEONE, anyone. I just wanted to hear a voice that said "Let me help you figure this out" or "I'll be sure someone will call you back so we can figure this out". I didn't get that from the hospital number nor doctor's office. I know that they are busy and probaly ovewhemlmed by the calls that they get. I could hear the stress in the woman's voice who i finally got a chance to speak to. But at the moment that i was calling, i didn't care that they were busy nor that they were stressed. I just wanted to know that someone, anyone cared about me, would listen to me and try, at least, to help me.
So, what have i done? heheee....
I just called and scheduled a regular appointment with the doctor so i could have his undivided attention. Sneaky, aren't i?
And after 5 days of letting my imagination run wild (and i mean WILD....), i've decided to knock it off. If it is serious, fine, then i'll deal with it. If it's nothing, then i'll happily deal with that. But the only thing that my wonderful imagination has done has kept me awake at night. And that's not beneficial to anyone in my home. A Mommy without sleep, well, can be an ugly, ugly thing. ;)
My "regular" appointment that i made is for next Wednesday. I can wait that long. I have lots to do. Thanksgiving stuff to plan, Christmas photos to take, Christmas cards to plan so i'll keep busy. Oh, and i have a little girl that thinks it's great fun to hide in the house and just when i am ready to call the police with a missing child report, will jump out and scream "BBBBBOOOOOOO". But she makes me smile and laugh and that is a very good thing....
That's a very, very good thing to have.
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 12:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 thoughtful comments:
Sorry you are having to keep dealing with this..what a wonderful attitude you have. I have wanted to have one of these scans...where did you have yours done? You can email me at lala28@comcast.net
I would love to catch up with you!
Gee's Issy, its ridiculous and our new leader wants socialized medicine. Please. They have that in Italy and its a nightmare, sure everythings paid for, but the service and level of care for all then takes a nose dive. Okay, no politics, sorry. Sorry you have to wait longer my friend, but this just reaffirms its nothing. If they were thinking it was "something" their sorry butts would get this done asap. (We hope).
Chin up cupcake you have the right attitude.~M
Hey sweetie-- I so Know how hard the wait can be for something that keeps you awake..
I had a mammo last year and they sent me in for a MRI 3 days later and then had ot wait for results, and then they said I needed an Ultrasound.. But the time in between KILLED ME. I gained 10 lbs, as I am emotional eater and I kept thinking and let my mind go wild... I have to go back in March.
I will be thinking of you friend...
Good LUCK and let us know.. Will pray for you dear friend!
I too am a MOM that needs her sleep.
Post a Comment