On a scale of 1-5, well, i'd say i'm at a high three.
It's very late and this Mommy should be tucked into bed, sleeping soundly. But, sleep isn't coming too easy tonight. It's so quiet in our home right now, just me pattering on the keyboard. No giggles from Emma, no playing chase as she's sleeping soundly. Robert is snoring that gentle "i'm so happy i'm sleeping snore". I've checked on them both and it's no secret that i love to watch Emma sleep. So sweet...
Back to my yucky day...
A few months ago, my diligent husband talked me into going to a "LifeScan Screening" where they do all kinds of different scans to check your arteries, etc. I didn't want to go, but he wouldn't leave me alone, lol, so i went. Sometimes it's easier to just do what your husbands asks than to figure out a reason why you don't want to. I simply ran out of excuses why i didn't want/couldn't/hated the idea of going to this thing. He is quite the healthy one and makes me look horrible as he is religious in getting his checkups. I, however, need to be dragged, kicking and screaming like a five year old to any appointment. Of course, i'm great about being on time with Emma and reminding Robert of HIS appointments. Gotta keep those we love healthy~
When we got our results back from this scan thingy, i was thrilled as my numbers looks so wonderful on the first 4 pages of my report. In fact, they were better than dear hubby's numbers! Then, on page 5, well, not so good. There was a spot on my thyroid that was what they called a "mixed mass" (what a term!) and i needed to make an appointment with my doctor immediately. They even sent the sonogram photos. I had no idea what i was looking at, but, being such a know-it-all, i did Internet research. You know, so i could diagnose myself because i am so smart. (note the sarcasm here.) It's a bad idea to do Internet research when you are as clueless as i am. So, i made the doctor appointment. My doctor (who listened patiently as i described in great detail all that i had read online and didn't laugh in my face) referred me to another doctor at Mid-State ENT immediately. (His name is Dr. Robert Willis).
My appointment was today. I thought it would be a 'meet and greet' kinda thing, but no such luck. He is concerned, very concerned and i am now scheduled to have a sonogram/biopsy on November 14. It's an out-patient procedure which i'm happy about. My mother passed away almost a year and a half ago from cancer of unknown origin, so i think that is what has made Dr. Willis be concerned. I have no symptoms, i feel great, my blood pressure was excellent and i've even lost weight........but even still, he has made this appointment for me. My "let's wait and see" speech fell on deaf ears. In fact, i think that he may have heard my speech before. But he was nice and discussed all that it could be and all that it may not be.
And now, i can't really remember much of that conversation with him. I remember thinking "i have a 20 month old, i don't have time for this" and then realizing what my mother must have felt sitting in the doctor's offices so many times-sheer terror.
It's easy for your mind to go places that it has no benefit of going. My mind has been there and back many times today as i watched Emma "read" or sit on my lap.
I'm nervous. I'm scared. And of course, i want to pretend that this isn't happening.
I have a 20 month old who is learning to crawl out of her crib and a husband who i can tell is just as nervous and scared as i am. I've only seen him cry twice since i've known him: our wedding day (those better have been tears of joy, lol), when my Mom passed away, and this morning. I'm trying not to let my imagination run away with me and stay off line so i don't do Internet research.......neither of these are productive. WebMD is your friend...but only when you are doing research for someone eles. But i will say that all of the info i read from WebMD was right on target....
I think a trip to the store for chocolate may be on my agenda tomorrow.
And so now, i wait till my appointment which is next Friday. I am trying to find someone to keep Emma as i don't know if our regular babysitter is able to watch her during the day. I've kept quiet today about all of this, not really wanting to say any of these words out loud. I did tell my friend Melissa and she said the words that i needed to hear:
I'll pray for you, Issy.
Off to check on Emma and find my way to bed.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
It's not been a good day...
♡ Scribbled by ~Isabel at 12:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 thoughtful comments:
Issy, it might be nothing! I know its hard, really hard to not be scared. Honestly, I would be scared too. But don't think its inevitable, OK? You are in my prayers and my thoughts and even my tears as I write this to you. I am here for you, even though we have never met "in person" you are still my friend.
Denise
I'll be praying for you too! Thank the LORD your husband nagged you enough to get the scan done! It could very well save your life!
Oh Issy why didn't you tell me. I will certainly be sending lots of prayers up for my dear cyber friend. Personally I think its nothing but better safe than sorry. I love ya and hang in girl
I hope that everyting will be okay with your throid. That is so great that your dh made you an apt. He oviously loves you very much!! After reading your post, I thought that maybe I should look into the screening. I never heard of one, but it really sounds like good over all testing.I will say a prayer for you for comfort:)
Praying for you, sweet friend! Did you know that Dr. Willis is Susie's husband? You're in good hands! Please let me know what you find out on Friday... and what time is the appt?
Oh Issy, I'm so sorry to hear about your yucky day. I don't blame you one bit for being scared. I'm not gonna tell you not to worry 'cause I suspect you'll do that anyway. Just remember that God is in control of this situation, He has a plan for your life and that He can use ANY situation for good. Just keep praying. I will certainly be praying for you, my dear sweet friend! Hang in there and KEEP ME POSTED!!
Issy,
Been up and searching too, I was afraid to ask you if you did any searches, I should have known. I can't imagine waiting another whole week, its going to along one. Hang in there kiddo. The odds are in your favor big time and soon we will be giggling about this big scare. Take care cupcake, I'm always just a phone call away, I wish I lived close enough to take sweet Emma for the day.
I'll keep praying Iss.~M
Oh sweetie...I am so sorry you are going through this. Know that we are praying for you! Let me know what I can do to help since I am close
I am sorry. I know it's hard not to worry. I am thankful that you went to the scan thingy!
I will be praying for you. Keep me updated:)
Post a Comment